Lets face it, those that have allergies dread this time of year; the constant runny nose and eyes, scratchy throat, and cold like symptoms. So here are a few tips that might make allergy season a little more tolerable.
- Try to avoid being outside for long periods of time especially between the hours of 5am and 10am, as well as in the early afternoon and evening. This is when the pollen count is at its highest.
- Shower after you are outside to wash off anything that has stuck to you or your clothing that may cause a reaction
- Get a good quality air purifyer
- Cut back on foods that can increase inflammation within the body (dairy products and refined sugar
- Try a cold compress to help decrease the swelling and irritation to puffy eyes.
- Use local raw honey because it is make from the local flowers you may be reacting to. It will help to boost the immune system and potentially reduce your reaction.
If none of these tips seem to work and you want to ,manage your allergies naturally, please see your local Accunect practitioner. They will be able to get down to the root cause of your allergies and help to balance out your body so that you won’t react a strongly to seasonal allergies.